Most of the transactions that take place every day on LiveAuctionSeller.com are trouble-free. Occasionally, it happens that users have problems when trading with people they don't know. Luckily, most of those problems are easily resolved.
LiveAuctionSeller.com is not involved and does not participate in the transaction between buyer and seller. LiveAuctionSeller.com doesn't control the actions or behavior of participants in the auctions community. However, we can offer some useful suggestions for resolving a dispute.
Talk it over - Buyers and Sellers can often resolve a dispute by talking it out with each other. Most problems are the result of a misunderstanding. Often email communications are misinterpreted or read the wrong way. Ask the other party for a phone number and see if you can clarify, discuss, and resolve your differences in a telephone conversation.
Rate the buyer or seller - LiveAuctionSeller.com rating system is designed to remove fraudulent buyers and sellers who have acquired negative ratings. The rating system only works if members actively participate in the rating process. This is your tool to control the quality of the membership in your auction community.
Seek arbitration services - If you still have not been able to resolve your problem, you may feel the need to use a third party to resolve your dispute. Please be aware that LiveAuctionSeller.com is not a professional arbitrator and does not offer this service.
There are many excellent options for arbitration; you might want to look at the Arbitration Services category in Yahoo!'s directory for links to arbitrators and mediators on the Web.
- SquareTrade - provides online problem solving service.
- Global Arbitration Mediation Association - provides directories of arbitrators and mediators.
- Mediation Training Institute International - seminars, certification, resolution workshops, human resources development, etc.
- iCourthouse - offering a platform on which users can present disputes before a jury of their peers.
- Coast to Coast Mediation Center - We provide professional mediators, family and divorce mediation, dispute resolution, and mediation training workshops worldwide.
- JAMS/Endispute - ADR services provided by retired/former judges and attorneys experienced in consensus building, mediations, settlement conferences, arbitrations, and private judging.
- Cybersettle.com - provides online settlements of disputes and lawsuits using a patent-pending system.
Report fraud - If you suspect that you are a victim of mail fraud (if you have sent payment and have not received your merchandise), file a complaint with your local U.S. Post Office or Attorney General. Don't hesitate to contact the National Fraud Information Center.
If you believe you have been defrauded by a business, you can contact the Better Business Bureau or the Internet Fraud Complaint Center. Also, you can file a complaint with the FTC by contacting the Consumer Response Center by phone: 202-FTC-HELP (382-4357); TDD: 202-326-2502; by mail: Consumer Response Center, Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC 20580;
or on the Internet, using their online complaint form. Although the Commission cannot resolve individual problems for consumers, it can act against a company if there seems to be a pattern of possible law violations.
By taking action against fraud, you help to remove it from your auction community.
In the event that items are posted for sale at Live Auction Seller by our members which are found to be in violation of copyright or trademark regulations, our policy is to:
- Remove the listing(s) in question and issue instructions and warnings to the Seller not to relist.
- Suspend account services for repeat offenders.
I. Instructions for reporting copyright infringements
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, send a written communication that includes the following information. Please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Copyright Act to confirm these requirements:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Detailed descriptions and identification of the alleged offending material, including listing ID, date of page creation, seller identification, url, and any information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
4. Contact information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, including address, phone number and email address.
5. The following statement: "I believe in good faith that use of the copyrighted materials described herein on the allegedly infringing web page(s) and or site is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
6. The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner to make this complaint."
Such written notice should be emailed to us as follows:
Please also note that under Section 512(f), any person who knowingly materially misrepresents said material through the filing of false copyright infringement claims, may be subject to liability.
Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may by law be forwarded to the person or persons who produced the allegedly infringing content. Claimant information may also be published on the Atomicmall.com web site in place of disabled content.
II. Live Auction Seller's response upon receipt of DMCA notification
Upon receipt of an authentic infringement notification, it is Live Auction Seller's policy:
- To remove or disable access to the infringing material
- To notify the member that access to the material has been disabled
- That repeat offenders shall have all materials removed from the system, and member's account privileges shall be terminated.
Item is sealed in its original packaging. Note: "New" does not necessarily mean that the item is the most current model.
Virtually unused or unblemished.
Moderate wear and/or moderate blemishes.
Serious wear and/or serious damage. May be non-functional.
Functionality has not been tested. All items with this condition are sold "As Is".
Items will be placed in the lowest condition category that describes one or more of their characteristics. Please bid carefully: Property Room can not allow return of the following items under any circumstances:
- Any item with a condition rating of "Poor" or "Untested".
- Trading/Sports cards, coins and other "loose" collectables.
Accounts listing/selling the items below will face immediate account removal.
- Animals and Wildlife
- Bootlegged Recordings
- Catalog and URL Sales
- Counterfeit Currency & Stamps
- Counterfeit Items
- Credit Cards
- Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
- Email Addresses
- Embargoed Goods
- Faces, Names
- Government IDs and Licenses
- Human Parts and Remains
- Lockpicking Devices
- Mailing Lists and Personal Info
- Plants and Seeds
- Postage Meters
- Prescription Drugs and Devices
- Recalled Items
- Satellite and Cable TV Descramblers
- Sex Related Items
- Stocks and Other Securities
- Stolen Property
- Surveillance Equipment
- Unauthorized Copies
- Usernames from other websites
Closely Monitored Auctions
- Autographed Items
- Catalytic Converters and Test Pipes
- Compilation & Information Media
- Contracts & Tickets
- Electronics Equipment
- Event Tickets
- Freon and other Refrigerants
- Hazardous Materials
- Imported & Emission Non-Compliant Vehicles
- International Trading - Buyers
- International Trading - Sellers
- Medical Devices
- Offensive Material
- Police-Related Items
- Pre-Sale Listings
- Slot Machines
- Used Airbags
- Weapons & Knive